News

US failed to identify ‘a single missile city’ after relocation: Iran defense ministry

Aug. 22, 2026 • 2 min read
Image of US failed to identify ‘a single missile city’ after relocation: Iran defense ministry Iranian missiles. File photo: AP

“Facilities had been relocated from vulnerable points, and the enemy was unable to identify even a single Iranian missile city.”

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region of Iraq - Iran’s acting Deputy Defense Minister Shahrokh Shahram said Saturday that the country’s weapon production sites had been relocated, adding that the US and Israel have failed to identify “a single Iranian missile city” since the relocation, semi-official media reported.

 

The enemy believed that by targeting a few points related to the Ministry of Defense, they could disrupt the country's military supply chain,” Shahram said, adding, “facilities had been relocated from vulnerable points, and the enemy was unable to identify even a single Iranian missile city.”

 

The US has repeatedly claimed that Iran has been militarily defeated and that their weapon production capabilities have degraded significantly.

 

According to Shahram however, weapon production “continues without interruption” and numbers are on an upward trend.

 

The US has targeted weapon production facilities, launch sites, and nuclear facilities during the war that started in late February. Another method of pressure against Tehran is Washington’s targeting of the economy using sanctions.

 

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced the “MOST CRUSHING ECONOMIC OPERATION” against Iran, describing the move as economic warfare and warning that any country that provides a lifeline to Iran’s economy will also face “TREMENDOUS Economic Consequences.

 

The move echoes Trump’s “maximum pressure campaign” on Iran, under which Washington intensified sanctions on Tehran to restrict its nuclear program. The campaign was reinstated in January 2025 following the president’s return to office.

 

A day later, Iran condemned Trump's announced "economic warfare" against the country, calling the new measures "an example of economic terrorism" and saying that Washington is merely "repeating past failures."

 

Following the collapse of the US-Iran memorandum of understanding (MoU) in late June after Iran targeted a vessel in the Strait of Hormuz for failing to heed its approved routes. The vital waterway is where around 20 percent of the world’s oil is transported.

 

Iran shut the strait when hostilities started, driving up global oil prices while one of Washington’s main demands in the MoU was free navigation in the international waterway.

NEWSLETTER

Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox.